Blog Background

Monday, September 14, 2009

No Baby Yet

Well, Andrew is still comfortable where he's at for the moment. Every Braxton Hicks contraction I have, I get so excited thinking, maybe it's the real thing. Then, I never have another contraction, so it's a crazy feeling! I went walking today in the grocery store and Super Target thinking that would help some. It's been raining almost non-stop here in the Dallas area, so I can't really go on a good walk outside. I feel like I've done everything possible to prepare for going to the hospital, family to stay at our house, visitors, etc. I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting and I don't think you're ever truly prepared to be a parent. Most of you know, I think on some things that ignorance is bliss in certain situations! I actually have a funny story though, I finally gave in and went with Tom to dove hunt. On the way there, we turned down a road that we thought would be a short cut. It was a gravel road and we were in his Ford Fusion, not exactly what you want to be in! We kept going because we thought we were almost there. It was the bumpiest road I think I've ever been on. It reminded me of a story of how men supposedly would drive their pregnant wives down bumpy roads to induce labor! It obviously doesn't work, but we were dying laughing about it!

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on Andrew! Brooke told us that he finally arrived! I hope everything went really smoothly. Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete